Monday, March 18, 2013

I've Told Smith a Thousand Times... (Sell Your Soul to Win)

Okay... maybe not that many.

But a lot.

That damn Smith just doesn't listen to me. I tell him over and over:

"Get on the inside... the inside Smith... that's where ALL the action is --- only then can you be the GO-TO-GUY."

But he still doesn't listen. 

I tell him: "Nature needs an inside and an outside... didn't I teach you anything? You're on the outside.... how are you going to be successful out there?"

Yet, he still doesn't listen to me.

But now, I've made myself a promise... next time I'll grab him by the scruff of his collar and holler into his ear.

I'll break his ear into a million pieces if I have to. "Just imagine what you could do on the inside Smith. With eyes that could see... and ears that could hear.... everywhere!" 

"Right now your weakness is your very own self. You've halted your journey half-way up the steps--- and now you just rest there all heavy like an old bag of dirty, smelly laundry. You don't want to climb no more. That's fine. But just know that to climb really high, the kind that receives a glowing adulation from not only the sky, but every eye --- the inside is where you have to be."

"Yes, of course, there's sacrifice. Maybe even a price to pay. Why would you think otherwise? You always talked about how you wanted to throw that dead rotting self on the ground anyway."

"I say do it, and stomp on it like it's on fire. Burning, melting...because it just might be. Everything dies Smith."

"You do every day, so just speed it up. It's kind of like trading in a car. I mean, giving up your soul for all those worshiping and adoring eyes --- yes, yes... in the end I guess it is for the recognition of others. Think of it that way, no more, no less. So why not just do it anyway? Are you willing to pay that price?"

You see, Smith just doesn't get it.

"But rest be sure... I did leave him a little book with a pyramid on the cover. I'm counting on him opening it at the hour his eyes become slightly heavy. Why you ask? Well, I have often found this to be the exact moment one retires into the comfort of the bed.

And guess what? 

I've often found this to be an amazing time for a book to work its magic. It's almost like there is a bit more forgiveness for the unforgivable at that time.

Do I think it's something about the night?

Most certainly. 

There's something seductive about the way the moon shines. It's so much different than the sun. The sun blinds you when you look at it, while the moon puts you in a trance. Didn't you know? This is why women are always associated with the moon, they both have a way of bringing about a lack of judgment." 

Ahhh, Smith. Maybe after you read my book you'll see what I mean. Why do you want to make your life so hard? Why be an outsider?"

Foolish, foolish Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment